Need help?

Thinking of Suicide?

Are you, or is a young person you know, not coping with life? For confidential suicide prevention advice contact:

My story

Home Forums My Story My story

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tony Harrison
    Participant

Hi all, I lost my wonderful daughter and only child Vicky to suicide in 2010. As many of you know it’s such a horrible and devastating experience, something you never get over but very slowly learn to live with. I still have many ‘bad’ days and the waves of grief can come without warning. Sometimes I know when I’m going to have a bad time. Birthdays, anniversaries, father’s day, christmas, they are all times I know Im going to feel it more. One thing I have learnt though, I know these ‘waves’ of grief are coming, and I know they are going to pass. Im just never sure how long they will be around for! Being with PAPYRUS has helped me so much, helped to give me a purpose in life, making me feel useful. Im now very involved in suicide prevention and campaign to raise awareness. Best wishes to you all

cyncity67
    Participant

Dear Tony

I have just joined this site and still finding my way around – I offer my sincere and heart-felt condolences. My situation is slightly different – I have just posted “Another perspective ” by cyncity67

Wishing you the very best, CC

Papdan
    Participant

that’s a horrible story. I feel really sorry for you. It’s hard you someone suicide and you have no idea why. I just don’t understand why people are not living any notes, why? why they did it? The hardest part is no one can help them because most of them they hidding problem from other peoples.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Funding Partners

Below are our current funding partners. If you wish to donate or become a funding partner, please get in touch for more information.

Members

Below are our current memberships we hold. If you require further details please contact us.

Suggest Feedback

Suggest Feedback

At PAPYRUS we are always looking at ways to improve. Please fill out the form below to suggest your ideas and feedback.

Thinking of Suicide?